Looking to call
our phone number?

Sales: 0800 012 4125

We can call you back

Support: 0845 557 7427

Existing Client Login

Why don't we show our phone number?

Our aim is to give you the lowest possible prices for your booking. We don't have expensive call centres so we can pass on these savings to you.

Book online quickly and easily

Our online booking system is quick, simple and easy to understand.

CSCS Test & Card Booking

Group Booking (3 or more people)

Apply for a Construction NVQ

How can we contact you?

You can contact us by sending an email to support@constructionsupport.co.uk, or you can contact us. Existing clients can call 0845 557 7427 for customer support enquiries.

We will call you back

x Close
Your Name:
Phone Number:
Department: Call Me Back >>
Thank you, a member of the support staff will be calling you shortly.


x Close

This site uses cookies. We have already set cookies which are essential for the operation of this site.

Cookies are small files that get saved to your computer from our website.They help us identify your browser's previous activity and preferences on our website without identifying you personally.

This allows us to improve your user experience while maintaining your own privacy.

Health & Safety Test Every person wishing to work on a construction site in the UK needs to pass a health and safety test. Passing is also necessary to apply for a skill card such as a CSCS card.
Book Health & Safety Test…
CSCS, JIB Cards Required by most construction sites, skill cards show your qualifications skills, and health & safety test pass.
Apply or Renew Your Card…
Construction NVQ Get your NVQ while at work with our on-site NVQ assessment. A qualified assessor will come to your workplace to assess you.
Book NVQ Assessment…
Free Mock CSCS Test We are offering a completely free mock CSCS Test at our South East London offices. Test you health and safety knowledge in exam conditions for free!
Book your Mock CSCS Test…

Tax Refunds for Construction Workers

Most people working in the construction industry, and all of those who are self employed, pay the taxman more money than he may actually be entitled to. That’s because tax for CIS members and self employed construction workers is calculated in advance: while tax codes for PAYE construction employees will be given to each worker according to a forecast of how much money the taxman thinks that employee will earn over the next year. Construction Support Line runs a tax refund for construction workers service, which may be able to claim you back money that you have overpaid to the authorities.

Entitlement to Tax Refund for Construction Workers

You’ll be entitled to a construction tax refund if you are able to say “yes” to any of the following questions. For self employed or the majority of CIS members: have you had to buy anything in the last year that you needed in order to do your job? Did your total tax bill for the last financial year exceed £1,000? Do you normally pay your tax without claiming anything back? And for PAYE employees: have you always assumed that your tax bill is correct, and never challenged it?

The entitlement to a construction tax refund is based on the fact that your tax is calculated forwards as well as backwards. As soon as your tax bill exceeds £1,000 for a year, the taxman starts predicting what you will earn for the next six months and taxing you in advance. The Construction Support Line tax refund service will be able to calculate if you have paid too much.

Eligibility for a Tax Refund for Construction Workers

You are eligible to apply for a CIS tax refund for construction workers for any earnings you have paid tax on in the last four years. If you have never had a tax refund then you are advised to check if you are entitled to one. Get in touch with the Construction Support Line tax refund service or apply directly for a tax refund form from the Construction Support Line tax refund site. You’ll need your P45 or P60 in order to make sure that your application goes smoothly. In some cases you may require a P91 (Employment History) and a P85/86 (entry and exit dates into and out of the UK). If you are unsure about which forms you need just get in touch with Construction Support Line – one of our helpful team will be on hand to explain everything.

What Happens if You are not Eligible for a Tax Refund for Construction Workers?

Absolutely nothing. If you are one of the unfortunate few who has already paid the correct amount of tax, and are not eligible for a construction tax refund: don’t worry. Construction Support Line won’t charge you a penny. It’s impossible to lose out when you use the Construction Support Line tax refund system – you either get all the money that the taxman owes you back; or you pay nothing at all.

Posted under , , , ,
Please fill in the information below and one of our advisors will call you shortly.