Looking to call
our phone number?

Sales: 0800 012 4125

We can call you back

Support: 0845 557 7427

Existing Client Login

Why don't we show our phone number?

Our aim is to give you the lowest possible prices for your booking. We don't have expensive call centres so we can pass on these savings to you.

Book online quickly and easily

Our online booking system is quick, simple and easy to understand.

CSCS Test & Card Booking

Group Booking (3 or more people)

Apply for a Construction NVQ

How can we contact you?

You can contact us by sending an email to support@constructionsupport.co.uk, or you can contact us. Existing clients can call 0845 557 7427 for customer support enquiries.

We will call you back

x Close
Your Name:
Phone Number:
Department: Call Me Back >>
Thank you, a member of the support staff will be calling you shortly.


x Close

This site uses cookies. We have already set cookies which are essential for the operation of this site.

Cookies are small files that get saved to your computer from our website.They help us identify your browser's previous activity and preferences on our website without identifying you personally.

This allows us to improve your user experience while maintaining your own privacy.

Health & Safety Test Every person wishing to work on a construction site in the UK needs to pass a health and safety test. Passing is also necessary to apply for a skill card such as a CSCS card.
Book Health & Safety Test…
CSCS, JIB Cards Required by most construction sites, skill cards show your qualifications skills, and health & safety test pass.
Apply or Renew Your Card…
Construction NVQ Get your NVQ while at work with our on-site NVQ assessment. A qualified assessor will come to your workplace to assess you.
Book NVQ Assessment…
Free Mock CSCS Test We are offering a completely free mock CSCS Test at our South East London offices. Test you health and safety knowledge in exam conditions for free!
Book your Mock CSCS Test…

Claiming Your Construction Tax Refund

Construction Tax Refund

If you are a self employed UK construction worker it is likely that you will be eligible for a construction tax refund.  HMRC (Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) does not take into account any expenses you may have built up during your last taxable period: and it is also possible that you may have had too much tax calculated. HMRC starts working out an average amount of annual tax for you once your total tax goes above a certain amount (currently £2k per year due in tax on a normal tax bracket) and sets a first annual tax bill for 18 months – which means that your construction tax bill could be greater that it needed to be.

It is technically your responsibility to ensure that you get any construction tax refund you may be entitled to. That’s where Construction Support Line comes in.

The Construction Support Line Tax Refund Service

Construction Support Line has set up a construction tax refund service to help you pay the right amount of tax for your expenses and working circumstances – or in other words, to make sure that you are never paying too much tax for your UK construction job. If you are working and earning in the UK construction industry you can take advantage of the expertise at Construction Support Line to have your tax refund claimed without any errors and without any hassle.

Can I Claim a Construction Tax Refund if I am Not Self Employed?

You don’t have to be self employed to be eligible for a construction tax refund. UK construction workers frequently change employers as their projects finish and they move onto the next work. Changing employers can cause you to end up with the wrong PAYE tax code – which means you may be paying too much tax even if you are on the PAYE scheme.

Order your Construction Tax refund kit from Construction Support Line and find out if you are owed any money by HMRC. You don’t have to pay anything if you are not entitled to any tax refunds, so you have nothing to lose.

How to Use the Tax Refund Pack

The tax refund pack contains a set of forms and a booklet explaining what documentation is required in order to set your refund in motion. Simply fill out the forms and attach any documents you are asked to; then send the lot back in the prepaid envelope supplied.

Construction Support Line will get back to you within 48 hours of pack receipt to let you know if you are eligible to claim an tax back – and if so, how much. Within six weeks of the date you receive that information, your construction tax refund should be transferred to your bank account.



Posted under
Please fill in the information below and one of our advisors will call you shortly.