Why get a CSCS card?
If you have completed an employer-sponsored apprenticeship or hold the relevant qualifications (outlined below) then having this card will help you prove that you meet the legal requirements necessary to practise your trade.
It will demonstrate to a prospective employer that you have the health and safety knowledge, plus are fully trained to competently perform the duties on site.
Do I qualify?
All applicants must have taken and passed the Health & Safety Test.
You must also have one of the following:
- Attained an SVQ or NVQ level 2
- A NARIC report and certificate equivalent to NVQ level 2 (this route goes through appeal and will require additional documents.)
We also accept a City & Guilds Craft certificate but only when you provide one of the following:
- Indenture (stamped certificate indicating the completion of apprenticeship)
- Your enrollment and finishing dates printed on letter headed paper from the company with which the apprenticeship was completed.
If a company is not trading any more and the letter can't be obtained, you need to write to us with details about your apprenticeship (dates, occupation, company name which you completed the apprenticeship with).
What documents do I need if I use a NARIC certificate?
To apply using a certificate from NARIC you will need to send the following documents:
- Detailed CV
- A copy of original qualifications (preferably translated)
- Current job description on site
- One specific occupation to be endorsed on the card
Please note, we cannot guarantee you will receive the card via this route.
For more information relating to NARIC, click here.
How long is it valid for?
The Blue CSCS card is valid for five years and can be renewed.
What is the next step?
Once you have acquired a Blue Skilled Worker CSCS Card, you can work towards attaining the Gold CSCS Card when you’ve completed the relevant NVQ.
Other CSCS Cards
- Red CSCS Card
- Green (Labourer) CSCS Card
- Green (Basic Skills) CSCS Card
- Blue CSCS Card (Skilled Worker)
- Gold CSCS Card (Advanced Craft)
- Gold CSCS Card (Supervisor)
- Black CSCS Card (Manager)
- Professionally Qualified Person
- Academically Qualified Person
- Construction Related Occupation
- Escorted Visitor