Why get a CSCS card?
Launched in July 2014 this new entry-level card has been specifically designed to cater to those working within the construction industry as a labourer.
Whether you’re still undecided about the trade you wish to study, or require some more construction experience, obtaining this card will demonstrate that you have the health and safety knowledge required to be on site.
Do I qualify?
You must have completed one of the following courses:
- Site Safety Plus Health & Safety Awareness Course (1 day)
- Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (1-5 days)
- IOSH Working Safely Course (1 day)
You should also have taken and passed the CSCS Test.
How long is it valid for?
This card is valid for five years and can be renewed.
What is the next step?
Depending on your area of interest, there are several options available to you. You may wish to follow a specific trade such as bricklaying or carpentry, for which you can take a relevant NVQ.
Other CSCS Cards
- Red Trainee CSCS Card
- Red CSCS Card
- Green (Labourer) CSCS Card
- Green (Basic Skills) CSCS Card
- Blue CSCS Card (Skilled Worker)
- Gold CSCS Card (Advanced Craft)
- Gold CSCS Card (Supervisor)
- Black CSCS Card (Manager)
- Professionally Qualified Person
- Academically Qualified Person
- Construction Related Occupation
- Escorted Visitor