What is the course?
The CPCS A23 Skid Steer Loader course has been developed to assist candidates gain a full comprehension of operating a Skid Steer Loader in both a practical and theoretical sense. Successful candidates will have the knowledge to complete CPCS tests.
- Complete understanding of the actions and responsibilities of a plant operator
- Purpose of principle components, construction, controls and all terminology relating to a skid steer loader
- All regulations and legislations relating to use of equipment
- Effective pre-use checks, configuration and travel for on-site and off-site use
- Understanding manoeuvres in small spaces
- Travel over different types of surface (laden and un-laden), rough, undulating ground, level surfaces and substantial inclines
- How to safely configure for extraction and loading, how to utilise equipment for different types of loads
- Secure shut down procedures and loading/unloading procedures
- How to safely place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers
- Understanding of backfill, spread and level ground
How is the Course Taught and Assessed?
This course is taught through both classroom discussion and practical demonstration. Assessments are carried out with theory and practical tests.
Who Should Take This Course?
Potential operators who have had no formal training relating to skid steer loaders can apply for this course, as can existing operators looking for a refresher course.
What Qualifications Will I Receive?
Successful candidates will be awarded a CPCS Red Trained Operator card, when completed in conjunction with CPCS Technical tests.
Before applying for this course applicants must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test within two years of the course. Applicants must also have a good understanding of written and spoken English.
- CPCS A56 Dump Truck
- CPCS A58 Excavator 360
- CPCS A60 Mobile Crane