Why Do I Need a Construction NVQ?
Are you looking to go further in the construction industry? Take a Construction NVQ and get the CSCS card you need to take the next step in your career. Show employers that you are competent and that you meet the industry standard for the role you want.
Most higher level CSCS cards, and many higher-level affiliate card programmes require an NVQ, and most construction employers require such a card before you can be hired. Therefore, attaining the right level of Construction NVQ can be crucial in advancing your career in the construction industry.
How Do I Get a Construction NVQ?
Don't miss a days pay by being assessed for an NVQ level on site, as you work. We send out an assessor to observe and ask questions during a typical day, and you will be judged on your knowledge, performance and experience.
Earning NVQ levels is really about knowing how to do job well and safely. Especially at the lower levels, as little as three years on the job experience is often enough to qualify you.
As you get up to the higher levels, study and revision at home of an evening becomes more and more important. Of course, our construction, training and NVQ experts will be happy to meet with you at our London office to discuss your NVQ strategy and advise you on any aspects you feel you might need help with.
How long does OSAT take?
Much of that is up to you. We have the assessor visit you at work between 2 and five times, on dates arranged at your (and your work’s) convenience. Lower level NVQs typically require very few visits, whereas higher levels will require more. The whole process typically takes ten weeks or less.
What does NVQ Assessment cost?
Each level of NVQ has its own price, which can be found here. In addition, there is a £250 registration fee for all NVQs. Your assessment sessions may begin as soon as your registration fee has been paid, but your NVQ certificate cannot actually be issued until you have paid in full.
How can I pay for my NVQ?
We give you multiple payment options to make it easier to pay for the NVQ:
- Direct Debit Pay the NVQ registration fee of £250 then the rest will be paid in monthly instalments through Direct Debit.
- Full Payment (Bank Transfer, Credit/Debit Card) Save by paying the entire fee up front.
Once we recieve your initial registration fee of £250, we can register you for an NVQ immediately.
Does registration entitle me to any certification or status?
Yes. Once your registration fee is paid, you may apply for a Red (Trainee) or Red (Experienced Worker) CSCS card. Extra fees may apply.
Can I ‘skip’ levels?
Possibly. If you possess the necessary training and experience to pass a higher level evaluation, you can be be assessed for any NVQ level initially, and then progress from there.
Can I fail a Construction NVQ?
If you do not achieve the required credits to complete the NVQ, you will not be awarded one. However you may always be reassessed at a later time, and it is often possible to take additional class units to obtain the necessary credits. We will be available to help you identify any weak points, and to help you address them.
Level 1 Award
- AWD057 - Health & Safety in a Construction Environment
Level 2 NVQ Certificate
- QUA810 - Ceiling Fixing
- QUD810 - Dry Lining Finishing
- QUA862 - Cranes and Specialist Lifting
- QUL862 - Loading and Securing
- QUC901 - Shopfitting Bench Work
- QUB901 - Shopfitting Site Work
- QUA830 - Fitted Interiors
- QUA850 - Wall & Floor Tiling
Level 2 NVQ Diploma
Construction Operations & Civil Engineering Services
- QUI857 - General Construction
- QUA857 - Modular Pavement Construction
- QUD858 - Excavation and Reinstatement
- QUA858 - Modular Pavement Construction
Decorative Finishing & Industrial Painting Occupations
- QUB827 - Industrial Painter
- QUA827 - Painter
- QUB842 - Roof Slater
- QUC842 - Roof Slater and Tiler
- QUA842 - Roof Tiler
- QUB900 - Architectural Joinery
- QUA900 - Site Carpentry
- QUA908 - Fenestration Installation
- QUA887 - Formwork
- QUC810 - Interior Systems - Dry Lining Fixing
- QUI862 - Plant Operations - Cranes and Specialist Lifting Plant
- QUE839 - Plastering - Solid (Basic)
- QUA813 - Trowel Occupations
Level 3 NVQ Diploma
Construction Contracting Operations
- QUG923 - General
- QUE923 - Site Technical Support
Decorative Finishing (Painting & Decorating)
- QUA828 - Decorative Finishing
- QUB902 - Architectural Joinery
- QUA902 - Site Carpentry
- QUA903 - Occupational Work Supervision
- QUA814 - Trowel Occupations
Level 4 NVQ Diploma
Construction Site Supervision
- QUA918 - Building and Civil Engineering
Level 6 NVQ Diploma
Construction Contracting Operations Management
- QUE925 - General Construction Site Management
- QUA884 - Building and Civil Engineering